This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

When is the next build hitting NuGet?

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I need the new parser function that has been implemented in your source control.

public static void Parse<T>(IEnumerable<string> commandLine, T argumentsObject, SimpleParserCollection parserCollection = nullStringComparer stringComparer = nullwhere T : classIOptionArguments
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Sorry - somehow that got all done and ready for release, and I never did the actual NuGet package!

I'm currently travelling, but I'll get it out when I can. Or you can just grab the source and build - I'm not planning any changes.

-Steve

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I tried really quickly to build it myself yesterday, but I didn't have any of the reactive extensions installed.

I spent a little time installing the latest binaries, but I quickly realized that you were not using the latest version of the reactive extensions.

I will try again today after paying some more attention.

Any ETA on the official NuGet package?

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Ah, the build setup is a bit confusing. Because of the history:

It all started as a monolithic "do-everything" library called Nito.KitchenSink. It bundled Rx (and probably some other stuff) for convenience. This was in the dark ages, before there was an easy way to add multiple libraries (including handling dependencies).

Blech.

The NuGet packages are KitchenSink reborn as a bunch of tiny packages. There's also a higher quality bar: they must be thoroughly documented and be instrumented with Code Contracts. Eventually, I hope to add code coverage from unit testing to that bar.

Right now, there is still only one CodePlex project, with all the source, but the KitchenSink monolith is no more. There's still a .sln file, but you should use the individual .sln files under each NuGet minilibrary's subdirectory instead of the .sln file under \Source.

Sorry for the confusion, and I'll get the NuGet package up soon.

-Steve

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Building just the individual solution file works.

Thanks for the help.

Jan 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM

And then as I pay more attention, I realized the Parse method I was looking for above, is actually an extension method that already exists in the current revision.